Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Swimming Sports!

It was time. We all gathered our stuff and piled onto the buses. It was Tuesday the 12th of April, 2016, the day of Senior Syndicate Swimming Sports. We all got off the bus, one by one and walked into the Lido. Everyone sat down. Some were finding places to put there stuff, some were getting into there togs and some were just sitting and talking. I could sense the nerves in everyone waiting for the first race to start. 

Finally the first race started - Boys Freestyle. There were some people who stood beside the pool and they handed out blokes to the people who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We had to put it in the box that had our house colour on it.

I did two races - Girls Freestyle and Girls Backstroke. On my first one I was so nervous. I jumped into the pool and got ready for the loud bang. "On your marks, get set, go!" "BANG". I kicked of the wall and raced down the pool. To my excitement I came third! For my second race I was a bit more used to it and I came second!

I sat waiting. It seemed like a really long time. They announced that there were now championships raes. I sat and watched the championships and then after that we had some relays. My team (Kea) came third and we also came third for how many points we got. When we got back to school I was so tired! I loved swimming sports and I think nearly everyone else did to! 

       


7 comments:

  1. great writing shawn😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you started the swimming sports! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good detail Shawny CHER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job shawny this is really good!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your BACK ROUND SHAWNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you buy me a pool made of melted choclate

    ReplyDelete